Weekly Family Newsletter
Friday December 6, 2013
Happy St. Nicholas Day!
Saint Patrick School seventh and eighth grade students made their annual trip to the Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center. Students learned teamwork, problem-solving, leadership, and stewardship through the experiential learning at ELC. They also experienced 17 inched of snow!
First grade, Kindergarten, and Kindergarten Prep students presented a wonderful program on Thursday. what a precious gift they gave to us in their delightful performance!
Second grade students have written wonderful "Help Wanted Ads" for Santa's reindeer They are posted in the hallway. Take time to read these amusing ads.
- Eighth grade Spanish students have completed work on their family trees. Eighth grade students also have their photography projects on display near the art room. Great work, 8th graders!
- Basketball teams have begun their season. Home games on Monday begin at 4:00 with the 7th grade girls taking on Gethsemane, followed by the 6th grade boys vs. New Life at 5:15. The 5th grade boys cap off the night in a game with St. Ambrose beginning at 6:30. 8th grade boys and girls have away games on Thursday.
| ||In Our Prayers|
- Our military men and women
- If your family has special prayer requests, please let us know, so that we can include them in our weekly petitions.
- The sixth graders spent Tuesday morning at Feed My Starving Children where they packed enough food for over 19,000 meals that will be sent to Guatmala. Thank you 6th graders for your service.
- If your family has good news to share, please let me know, so I can include it in our weekly communication.
- Saint Patrick School will celebrate the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe on Friday. This feast commemorates the appearance of the Blessed Virgin to Juan Diego in 1531. Our Lady of Guadalupe is the patron saint of the Americas. We will celebrate with Mass on Friday morning beginning at 9:00. Some of our responses and music for the day will be in Spanish. There will also be a celebration on Thursday evening at Church. Mass begins at 5:30.
- The second, third, and fourth grades will present, "An Out-Of-the-Box Christmas" on Thursday, December 12 at 7 PM. Dress rehearsal will be at 1:00 PM on Thursday afternoon.
- Wednesday, December 11 is a late start for the district. It will be a regular start at Saint Patrick School. We will not have morning bus service. Please let us know if your child(ren) need to arrive early that day.
- Christmas packages for our veterans will be sent at the end of next week. If you would still like to contribute cookies, magazines, etc., please drop off at school by the end of the school day on Tuesday.
- Our annual Posada and Christmas Bingo Party will be held on Friday, December 20. The student council is in need of small prizes for the Bingo. Donated prizes can be dropped off at school any time before the 20th.
- The fifth and sixth graders along with the ShamRocks will present "In a Galilee Far Far Away" on Thursday, December 19 at 7 PM.
- The Borchart family holiday light extravaganza is on! Hours are 5 PM to 10 PM nightly. Located just east of the soccer fields at 780 Aldo Road, the Christmas lights are programmed to music. This year there are three songs to listen to, so plan on staying for awhile, or come back often. Just tune your car radio to 107.7 FM to hear the music. The only thing missing is hot cocoa!
This week we began Advent with a prayer service reminding us about the hope, joy, love, and waiting that are all themes of Advent. May our relationships with Jesus and with others be nourished this Advent season.
May God continue to bless our faith community.
Find us at:
403 St. Croix Street
Hudson WI 54016
Online at stpatrickofhudson.org
A Look Ahead
| || Sunday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
| ||December 8||9||10||11||12|| 13||14|
| ||Grade 2 to CCH||Grades 2 - 4 Christmas Program|
Dress Rehearsal 1:00 PM
|Our Lady of Guadalupe|
Celebration Mass at School 9:00 AM
| || 15||16||17||18||19||20||21|
| || ||Grade 8 to Guthrie||Grades 5, 6 & ShamRocks Christmas Program 7 PM|
Dress Rehearsal 1:00 PM
|Mass at School 9:00 AM|
| || || Christmas Vacation ||Christmas Eve|
3:30, 6:00 and 11:00 PM
8 & 10 AM
| 29||30||31||January 1||2||3||4 |
| || ||Christmas |
|New Year's Day||Back to School|
Mass at Church 9:15 AM
Due to frequent changes and updates, please see our Renweb calendar for the athletic schedule