Weekly Family Newsletter
September 4, 2015
- 9/11 School Mass in the gym, 9am
- 9/18 School Mass in the gym, 9am
- 9/18 Hudson High School Homecoming. Football game @ Newton Field (EP Rock Elementary) 7pm
- 9/18-20 Fall Fest @ Church. Kids’ games Friday night from 5-7pm; 5K race @ 9am Saturday, 1/2 mile fun run @ 10:15am
- 9/24 LATE START, 10:40am. Out of uniform day! Before School Care will be provided; signup forms will be available next week as a document on Sycamore
- 9/25 School Mass in the gym, 9am
- 9/25 Saint Patrick School Golf Outing, details below
- 9/27 Hospitality at Church (grades 2, 5, & 7) Sign up opportunity information below
This is a big week at Saint Patrick School…all of our volunteer opportunities for the fall are loaded and ready for sign-ups on Volunteer Spot. Please consider serving our students and staff! The following activities are quickly approaching and are actively seeking sign-ups on Volunteer Spot. Follow this link:
- Hospitality at Church (Sunday, Sept. 27th) Sign up is for students in Grades 2nd, 5th, and 7th as well as their families.
- Grandparent/Special Person Day (Friday, Oct. 2nd). Watch for more info next week
- Food Shelf Delivery (once/month openings)
- Also, Mrs. Sadrakula is looking for volunteers to assist her in the library on a weekly basis. There are current openings for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons from 12-3pm. This is a weekly commitment for the entire year. Please contact Stacie Ramthun directly if you are able to commit to the library volunteer position because it is not a job on Volunteer Spot. Thank you!
Our Choirs Kick-Off on Wednesday, September 9. We'll start with treats, games, and brand new songs! Bring a friend who wants to give it a try. Remember to invite friends from other schools as well!
- Middle School Choir will meet from 2:45-3:45. We'll be joined by additional members from the Hudson Middle School, including a new percussionist – please join us! We will typically sing twice a month at the 5pm Saturday Liturgy.
Parents: Let's get our kids singing! For the youngest singers, help them find their voice by pointing along in your hymnal whenever you are together at Mass. Not only will this enhance their reading skills, but it also helps them to understand the form of a song from verses to refrain, repeats, and so on. Simply finding song numbers is a skill to master.
- Children's Choir will meet Wednesdays from 3:50-4:50 p.m. Fifth graders will be the oldest students in this choir and their leadership is greatly appreciated! We will typically sing twice a month at the 9am Sunday Liturgy.
Thanks for students’ patience during lunch period. We are working out some glitches with the scanner so it’s been a rather slow process of moving through the lunch line. Overall it seems students are liking the new options and format.
Wide World of Sports
We have a coed 5-8 cross country team this year and girls’ 5/6, 7th, and 8th grade volleyball teams. They have been busy practicing – even in this week’s heat! – and meets/games will be starting the week of September 14.
Fall Fest Baskets
If you have not turned in your money for your grade fall fest basket, please do so to your teacher or the office. Class Reps (parent volunteers) will shop and assemble the baskets. You may contact the school office to find out your grade's total donation amount to budget your basket. Fall fest baskets can be dropped off at Saint Patrick Church no later than Wednesday, September 16th. Please price and wrap. Thank you for representing our school at our Parish event!
Saint Patrick School Golf Outing – Friday September 25th
Time to tee off and take home the coveted Knoke Cup. All you need to do is attend our fantastic golf outing and have a great time! Here are the details: Friday, September 25th at White Eagle Golf Club. Shotgun start at 12:30pm. Visit this website to get more information and to register: http://www.stpatsgolfevent.com/We are also looking for a few volunteers to work the registration table the day of the event. If you’re planning to golf, you can help out with registration then still hop in your cart for a sweet round of 18 holes. Please contact Stacie Ramthun if you are available to help. Additionally we would be very grateful if you would consider donating items for the live/silent auction for the golf outing. All proceeds from this year’s benefit will go toward refurbishing the girls’ locker room. The boys’ locker room was completed with funds from last year’s benefit…take a look at how amazing it turned out!
LEAD Student Challenge of the Month
LEAD (Learning Environment Accommodating Differences) would like to remind students, families, and staff to complete the September monthly challenge. An email was sent home last week with the information and the documents are also available on Sycamore. We all have a "Hand in Learning"- so be sure yours is added to our display in the cafeteria!
Band and ShamRock Signups
A follow up to any returning Band, Orchestra, or Shamrock parents: if you didn’t sign your student up for these activities at Back to School Day and have not yet done so during this first week, please email the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org so that we have an accurate count. Ms. Fairbanks will stop into 4th grade rooms to see if any other 4th graders are interested. If you did not pay your band or orchestra registration fee, please drop a check off at school ASAP. Band starts @ 8AM in the Activity/Band Room in the basement. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday – Beginning, 5th grade
- Friday – Advanced Band, 6-8 returning
This is a time change due to the Band enrollment.
Auditions for Mary Poppins at the High School,
September 8 & 9, 3-6pm
Students in grades 6-8 can audition for the part of Jane or Michael. Middle School students must be strong readers/singers. Any call backs will be on Thursday, September 10, 3-5pm. Sign up for an audition time and download audition materials at the Hudson website: www.hudsonk12.wi.us Good luck!
A reminder that the income forms (available as a document on Sycamore or a link on the website at the bottom of this Newsletter) are due back in the school office no later than Friday, September 28. You may certainly turn it in before that time! The refund we receive is dependent on the percentage of families who actually submit their forms, so please take a moment to fill yours out. Thank you.
403 St. Croix Street
Saint Patrick School Online at http://www.stpatrickofhudson.org
| || |
| || || |
YOU CAN AFFORD A CATHOLIC
EDUCATION FOR YOUR CHILDREN!
We welcome families from all religious, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds, who desire an exceptional education.
“We never want money to stand between a family and giving their child a great education.”
- FR. JOHN