Weekly Family Newsletter
Friday, April 11, 2014
- Sixth grade math students were studying volume and how to use the formulas for practical applications. They took the measurements of our current lockers and then the measurements of a sample of our new lockers and applied the formula. They found that the new lockers will have about 1.5 cubic feet more space. As you know, new lockers are part of the fund-a- need at this year’s Gala.
- Kindergarten Prep students did some dramatic play this week dressing as princesses and pirates. A picture is included in this newsletter.
- Fifth graders were visited by visiting 3M wizard, John Gagliardi
- Third graders have been reading biographies and are now interviewing eachother to write biographies of their classmates. In addition, third graders have been learning about how money works in our economy. They are learning important things in their study during social studies.
- Fifth graders have been busy learning the steps of adding fractions with unlike denominators. They are keeping math journals to help them remember all of the steps.
- Ions, protons, electrons, atoms . . . Ask a fourth grader, and they will be able to tell you all about them.
- Blake Passe won the 9-year-old division of the Knights of Columbus State Free Throw Contest held on April 5 in Wisconsin Rapids. He made 20 out of 25 shots to claim first place. Olivia Passe finished in second place out of ten finalists in the 12-year-old division at the state level competition. This was Olivia’s third trip to the Wisconsin State Championship. She placed 2nd in 2013 and first in 2012. Congratulations Blake and Olivia,
In Our Prayers
- Please keep Patty Wolters, grandmother of Audrey Kowski, in your prayers. She is recovering from surgery.
- If your family has special prayer requests, please let us know, so that we can include them in our weekly petitions.
- Samantha Borchart and Claire Kromrey, along with the remainder of the Phipps Junior Dance Company, performed at the Timberwolves game on Tuesday evening. A view from the Jumbotron is at the right.
- If your family has good news to share, please let me know, so I can include it in our weekly communication.
- We begin Holy Week. On Thursday morning, the 4th graders will lead us in the Living Stations of the Cross. Please join us at 9:00 in the gym. Students will go to CCH in the afternoon to lead the residents there in the Stations.
- There will be no school on Good Friday, April 18 nor Easter Monday, April 21.
- MAPs testing begins next week and will continue into the beginning of May.
- Re-enrollment is open on Ren-Web. Thanks for taking the time to complete the process. If you have not completed the process, please do so as soon as possible. We need the information for planning for next year. Scholarships are available for anyone needing them. We have had some very generous donations to our scholarship funds, including an anonymous foundation that has pledged us continuing support. We want to make sure that finances are not a barrier to Catholic education now and in the future. Please call me for information.
- Check out our Saint Patrick School Facebook page. It is updated often with pictures and stories about the great things happening at school.
- There will be no school on Good Friday, April 18 and Easter Monday, April 21.
- Sra. Bates will not be returning to teach at Saint Patrick School next year. It was a difficult decision for her. She will dedicate more time to her husband’s health. We will miss her and wish both Mr. and Mrs. Bates the best.
May your Holy Week be filled with many blessings.
May God continue to bless our faith community.
Mary Piasecki, Principal
Find us at:
403 St. Croix Street
Hudson WI 54016
Online at stpatrickofhudson.org
A Look Ahead
| || Sunday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
| ||April 20||21||22||23||24||25||26|
| ||EASTER||Easter Monday No School||Grades 3 & 4 to Orchestra Hall||Grade 4 Immigrant Day 12:30 - 3:30||Mass at School|
| || 27||28||29||30||May 1||2||3|
| || ||MS to Festival of Nations||Mass at School|
| ||4||5||6||7||8 ||9||10|
| ||First Communion|| ||Grade 8 Spanish Dinner|
|Mass at Church|
| ||Fine Arts Festival|
Middle School Dance (rescheduled - DJ)
Due to frequent changes and updates, please see our Renweb calendar for the athletic schedule